Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CNY Reunion

Chinese New Year is a very special occasion to me.  It's the only time when my family has a chance to be together.  With my brother in KK, my parents in Ipoh & myself in PJ, it's not very often that we can spend quality time together.  There's also joyous celebrations with our relatives from far & near, as we take turns to host 'open house' on Chor Ee, Chor Sam etc.  Oh, the "C" family is a really fun & noisy bunch, and yes, we tend to dominate, even though most have been married 'out' (in Chinese, 'kah chut huey').


This year, I'm extremely excited & happy, because I get to go back for reunion dinner with my family on the eve of CNY.  Reason: my hubby's grandma passed away last year, and hence no celebration for 365 days.  For the past 3 years, I only travel back to Ipoh for CNY on 'Chor Ee'.  Well, that's the downside of being a married woman. ;p

Nevertheless, my hubby did mention that we can do this again in future, bcoz his family performs prayers in the afternoon, & hence we can have reunion lunch with his family in PJ, and reunion dinner with my family in Ipoh.  This is what I call gender equality. :)  But I don't think we should do this every year... you know, just in case feelings are unintentionally hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment